We've all endured more stress & strain in 2020 than any other year in recent history. We empathize with our guests, our locals, our employees, our business partners; collectively the Seaside Family.
As a Hospitality business, we understand that we bring a great deal of commerce to our local business community, and we are proud to play such a role in supporting our local economy. Our Community, and our Business Community have suffered during this time, however, as we begin to reopen, we will help our local community begin the healing - the rebuilding process, and we will do so in a safe and responsible manner.
- Our local supply chain has been stressed. - We will encourage guests to bring staples with them. Paper towels, toilet paper, bottle water, groceries and other items are best procured off Island at this time.
- PPE - Guests should bring any Personal Protective Equipment that they feel that they may need with them, including masks or face coverings. Face Masks or Fabric Face coverings are required in Maryland, required inside public buildings on Chincoteague, and strongly encouraged in Virginia. It is socially responsible to where a mask or other fabric face covering while in close proximity to others, and especially so inside stores, restaurants, and in other indoor settings. PPE may be in short supply locally, please bring it with you.
- Social Distancing - We remind all guests to be aware of others personal space. Please observe the 6 foot rule whenever possible. At all times, be kind to others. People are stressed, and tempers can be short. Be kind.
- Shop Local - Our local merchants were forced to close just as our season was beginning. Having to endure a two month closure, after enduring our winter season, has been difficult for all. It is more important now than ever to support local small businesses.
- Dine Local - Restaurants have been hard hit as well, and will open in phases, (Please check back for more updates). Most are doing carry out, many are doing local delivery. Outside dining and limited seating will be the norm at the beginning of this season. On our Chincoteague Dining page, you will find many of our favorite Chincoteague Restaurants, and our Ocean City Destination Guide for local favorite Ocean City Restaurants. Please be patient, expect menu shortages and longer than normal wait times as we don't know what our staffing situation will look like. Many of our servers haven't had steady work since fall - please be kind, tip well.
- Updated Cleaning Protocols - We are working with local vendors and national housekeeping organizations to ensure that we have the proper products and procedures to ensure that our homes are cleaned to CDC standards. For more on our cleaning protocols, see our updated Cleaning Standards page. Our guests can rest assured that their safety is important to us, and that we are doing all that we can to provide clean and safe lodging for their enjoyment.
- Be Well - We ask that our guests only come if all are healthy, and have shown no symptoms for 14 days. If at anytime you feel that you have symptoms, please self isolate.
The safety and well being of all our residents and guests is of the highest importance. If all parties are respectful, our communities will thrive, and financial recovery will happen. We, Seaside Vacations, pledge to take Social Responsibility with utmost sincerity. If our local community residents and our guests will take that pledge with us, we will all get through this together.
A wise man once said, if you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together......