An Update from Seaside Vacations
There is nothing more important to us than the safety of our Guests, Owners, Real Estate Clients, and Staff. As we face the challenges presented by the coronavirus (COVID-19), we are taking precautionary steps to ensure a healthy experience for all. Please be assured that safety is of utmost importance to us. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation as it evolves.
Please read our Social Responsibility Pledge, click here.
Chincoteague Island plans to allow rentals beginning May 15, 2020. The Governor of Virginia has modified his stay at home order to a "safer at home order", which allows businesses to re-open May 14th.. The Chincoteague Chamber of Commerce has a list of open businesses half way down this page. Other businesses are planning their reopening, and this list may not always be up to date.
The Town of Ocean City has banned all Vacation Rental Stays through May 21, 2020. The Beaches will reopen on May 9th.
We are working closely with both jurisdictions on when rentals may resume.
Here are some precautionary measures we are taking:
- Seaside Vacations never requires our Guests to check in at our office upon arrival. Our Homes all have Electronic Locks or Lockboxes, and you may go directly to your property upon arrival.
- Our Professional Cleaners always use cleaning products with disinfectant. In addition to normal cleaning procedures, our housekeeping staff will increase focus on “high touch” items like light switches, doorknobs, remotes, etc. They are following CDC Standards for sanitizing and disinfecting all homes while cleaning.
- Our Seaside Vacations' Team has been working remotely since March 18, and will continue to do so for until further notice, to help do our part in "social distancing" to help end this pandemic.
- We recommend that guests traveling to the area follow guidelines established by the CDC.
- Cancellations: If you need to cancel your reservation, please refer to your cancellation policy found in your rental agreement, or, if you are looking for our Cancellation Policy click here.
If you have any questions whatsoever, please feel free to call us at 757.336.7070.
For the most up-to-date information and current protocols on COVID-19, visit cdc.gov.
For updates as to how the Town of Chincoteague is handling this crisis, follow the latest on the Chincoteague Chamber of Commerce Covid-19 Page.
Ocean City Guests may view updates on the Town of Ocean City's website.
To our Real Estate Clients:
We will continue to work with our Buyers and Sellers virtually to make sure our buyers, sellers, and homeowners are kept safe and still informed on the local market. We have been keeping up-to-date with any changes and requests by the local, state and federal agencies.
Our state of the art technology allows us to make use of many tools such as 3D Virtual Tours of our Listings, as well as Professional Photos, Floor Plans, and more.
We will provide our Buyers with Virtual Showings utilizing Facetime and other tools, so that you feel like you are right there.
We are taking precautions with physical showings, as well, such as traveling separately, wiping down door handles, etc., when entering and exiting a home. We are opening homes and preparing the showing while maintaining the encouraged social distancing requirements.
Together, we will overcome these trying times - please do your part to help prevent the spread of Covid-19 in our beautiful country. Stay healthy!